passing on data to sveral forms

Thread: passing on data to sveral forms

V.Ganapathy Guest

Default passing on data to sveral forms

I am writing a program which collects data from say 2 forms and then performs calculations and prints results in form 3.(too many and different type of data for 1 page)..If I use post method to collect data from text boxes from the forms,how can transfer the data from form1 to form3? do I have to create text files to save data?<BR>any help is appreciated as I am new to ASP but familiar with VB.

Troy the ASP Boy Guest

Default RE: passing on data to several forms

v:<BR><BR>You could do it several ways:<BR>1) save the data to a database<BR>2) pass the info in a querystring<BR>3) embed the info from form 1 in form 2 by using &#060;input type="hidden" name="field1" value="form1_field1_value"&#062; after using the post method for form submission on form 1<BR>4) cookies - user (browser issues) or session (not recommended)<BR>5) save info in a text file and parse data manually<BR><BR>ideally you would use method 1, but method 3 is quick and easy. with method 3 the data is not retained permanently, but it will get the job done.<BR><BR>cheers<BR>troy<BR><BR><BR><BR>

yermak99 Guest

Default RE: passing on data to sveral forms

If you go, lets say, first page (form1) -&#062; second page (form2) -&#062; third page (form3), for all info from the form1, you can create "hidden" input types on second page. Somethig like:<BR><BR>&#060;input type="hidden" name="get1" value="&#060;%=request.form("get1")%&#062;"&#062;< BR><BR>And then access this data from the third page.<BR>Or try sessions, which is easy, but not recommended.