Popup Window

Thread: Popup Window

Milind Gorambekar Guest

Default Popup Window

*<BR>Dear friends,<BR><BR>We have developed on instant messanger in ASP. We are automatically getting messages<BR>from the connected friends. Now our requirements is to Pop up the message window <BR>automatically when the user receives the message. Please help me for this.<BR><BR>Form: Milind Gorambekar<BR>milind@cnpl.co.in<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: Popup Window

Do you mean ge the chat window to de-minimise itself if a message is recieved? If so I don&#039t know of a way to do that, I don&#039t think its included in JavaScript or anything as it could be mis-used.<BR><BR>You could have a seperate window open using java script with either dislays the message or just tells the user that thay have recieved a message. You ASP page, the one left open (which I assume talks to the server every 10 seconds or something), could check to see if the user has a message. If so then the ASP page just writes out the needed javascript to make the popup window.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>If NewMessage = true Then<BR> Response.Redirect = "&#060;script language=&#039JavaScript&#039&#062;" &_<BR> "open(&#039messagealert.htm&#039, &#039MessageAlert&#039," & _<BR> "&#039height=100,width=200,left=60,top=30," & _<BR> "scrollbars=no,resizable=no,status=no&#039);"<BR>E nd If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>This new window will popup on the desktop so the user will see it.<BR><BR>You could also use an audible warning, either in the popup window or the main message window. This can be done if very easily in Flash an a short 2 seond burst of sound would only come in at about 3K. Again using a check of some sort to decide wether to insert the Flash code or not.<BR><BR>Hope that helps<BR><BR>Pete