Connecting to a System DSN

Thread: Connecting to a System DSN

Default Connecting to a System DSN

I am having big problems connecting to a system dsn on my computer with ASP. I keep gettin the following error message:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR><BR>Here is the code i am using -<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim Conn<BR>Dim rs <BR>Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>&#039Er ror happens the line below here!<BR>Conn.Open "DSN=iWon;UID=admin;PWD=;"<BR>Set rs=Conn.Execute("SELECT*FROM productions")<BR>rs.MoveFirst<BR>rs("Name")<BR>Con n.Close <BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>The DSN connection worked when i created it, i tested it<BR>The Database isnt password protected and it shouldnt be opened by anything else ( i have restarted and tryed it )Any ideas?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR> Cyrus<BR><BR>

Juergen Guest

Default RE: Connecting to a System DSN

Hi,<BR><BR>i have the same problem and until now i didnt find a solution for it. Did you find out how to solve it?<BR><BR>If so, please write to me: