ASP Bug in IE?

Thread: ASP Bug in IE?

Rohit Arora Guest

Default ASP Bug in IE?

Recently I made two pages. One was the login page that asks for username and password. If it is OK only then next opening page will be opened. That was working. Now I wanted to ensure that the second page will be displayed only throgh the login page. I use HTTP_REFERER in the second page and it was working. Now what happened when I reached the second page, I press enter at the address bar. At this time a browser is again requesting for this page. This time its without login page and still that page is displayed. When I did the same thing in Netsacape it behaved properly by showing my given message that you have to login first to reach this page. Is it an IE Bug?

Default RE: ASP Bug in IE?

I&#039m not sure exactly what&#039s happening in your pages but I can tell you that the HTTP_REFERER environment variable will only be filled with data if you click a link, click a submit button, or programatically submit a form in script (form.submit()). If you manually type in a url in the address bar OR click a link to the page in your "Favorites" folder there won&#039t be anything in the HTTP_REFERER variable.<BR><BR>Good luck.

Default RE: ASP Bug in IE?

IE has a bug that causes it to submit a form if you hit the<BR>enter key from an &#060;input type="text"&#062; or a radio button.If your<BR>"action" is undefined in the form tag, the page might be submitting to itself.<BR>