pleas help me

Thread: pleas help me

rag Guest

Default pleas help me

i storded the value of &#039a&#039 page in &#039b&#039 page<BR>ex:- y=request("search")<BR>and used in &#039c&#039 page.this &#039c&#039 page is divided records into different pages .this variable is not empty in &#039c&#039- first page but when i press &#039next&#039 this variable is getting empty and iam not able to acces the iam not able to store my variable and access.<BR>try to understand my problem

Default RE: pleas help me

In the next link ,along with the page no, pass this value(y) as a querystring .Cath it in the C2 page like z=request.querystring("y") and likewise pass it on to all the subsequent pages. you may also try and put this variable in a session variable like session("var")=y in page "a" itself and retrieve it in any page as along as the client is connected. Try hidden fields as well.

Default RE: pleas help me

I&#039m sorry but the question is a tad unclear but if you are trying to maintain the value of a variable across multiple pages then you need to pass it in the url when you post:-<BR>i.e. &#060;form method=post action="yourpage.asp?search=&#060;%= Request("search")%&#062;"&#062;<BR><BR>or<BR><BR>s tore the value in a hidden field with the same name<BR><BR>&#060;input type=hidden name=search value=&#060;%= Request("search")%&#062;&#062;<BR><BR>Make sure that the hidden field is within the form tags.<BR>Hope this is what you were after<BR>James