Internet Transfer Control Error

Thread: Internet Transfer Control Error

Peter Quintus Guest

Default Internet Transfer Control Error

Hi,<BR><BR>Trying to make use of to fetch info from a seperate server, however keep on getting:<BR><BR>error ASP 0177 : 80040112<BR>Server.CreateObject Failed<BR><BR>Whereas the coding looks normal to me: <BR>Set inet = Server.CreateObject("InetCtls.Inet")<BR><BR>Server is running IIS 4 and I checked and found msinet.ocx in the system32 dir, it is registered. Are there more OCX&#039s/DLLs needed ? The server doesn&#039t have any Office program installed.<BR><BR>Thanx,<BR><BR>Peter

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: Internet Transfer Control Error

Peter,<BR><BR>I am the author of that article, and believe me you aren&#039t the first to have this problem. You have the Internet Transfer Controls on your server, however you have no way to access it via ASP. ASP needs something in the middle because it cannot directly contact the transfer control. An installation of VB 5 or later on the server would most likely solve your problem.<BR><BR>I was unaware of this problem when I wrote the article, and research wasn&#039t easy. I hope I answered your question.<BR><BR>Nathan