Passwd protection on site

Thread: Passwd protection on site

tosh Guest

Default Passwd protection on site

&nbsp;<BR>hi <BR>i want to create a pass word protected area on my site. i.e a few pages which can b viwed only if the user enters the username and passwd. how do i do it??<BR>please guide me<BR>thanks in advance<BR>tosh

maslena Guest

Default RE: Passwd protection on site

Have a look here<BR><BR>

tosh Guest

u misread me,<BR>that site tells me how to create a login form.i kno how to do that<BR>i need to have a password protected area on the html page.<BR>aw i figured it out, how do i do it.<BR>thnx for the tip aw<BR>tosh

maslena Guest

Hi,<BR><BR>I guess you misread the article too.

The more popular way, well the way I do it any way, is to use a Session varible. the user logs in and there details check against a database or textfile of usernames/passwords. If they match then a Session var is set to true or 1 what ever. Then for each page you want to protect you stick a little test at the top.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039Check if user has not logged in, if so redirect them to the <BR>&#039login page<BR>If Session("Cleared") = false Then<BR> Response.Redirect("Home.htm")<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>--Rest of page--<BR><BR>This code can be placed in an include file so that if you need to make any changes you don&#039t have to alter every page just the include file.<BR><BR>Hope that helps<BR><BR>Pete