Looking for info on Sybase

Thread: Looking for info on Sybase

Ben Roy Guest

Default Looking for info on Sybase

I&#039m an ASP-centric developer use to working with NT with Access/SQL and usually VB Script. I&#039ve had a project dumped on me which is in Sybase (I&#039m told) on a Linux server with all the pages done in Perl. I&#039m semi-familiar with Linux and semi-familiar with Perl, but as to Sybase or how it relates to the system or to perl I have no idea. If anyone can point me to some good information I&#039d be grateful. The project was sort of abandoned by a development house and thrown into my lap, so the pressure is sorta on. Thanks for the help!<BR>

SPG Guest

Default RE: Looking for info on Sybase

Wow, just when I was beginning to hate my job... You have my sympathies.<BR><BR>From what I know, Sybase uses Transact-SQL, rather like MS SQL Server. O&#039Reilly has a recently published book on Transact-SQL (hummingbirds or something on the front) which you may find useful. Additionally, they&#039ve also got a Perl Databases book that was published (I think) earlier this year.<BR><BR>peruse at www.ora.com<BR>purchase at www.fatbrain.com<BR><BR>Hope it helps.