Changing Form data

Thread: Changing Form data

Default Changing Form data

Here&#039s is what I need to do:<BR><BR>I have a form that pulls data from a database record for the user to make changes to an existing record. Some of the fields are drop down boxes. I want my user&#039s to be able to change the information if they need to, if not I want to keep the same info of the original record. My dilema is how to handle this. I can&#039t find any info on the web. I am not sure if I should display the drop down field as a text box that is disabled and then put a button to change the info that sends them to another page and then back again. When it comes back it would update the field. If anyone can offer any suggestions or steer me to an article on this I would really appreciate it.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Lori

suresh Guest

Default RE: Changing Form data

Have a keypress event for that object and keeptrack of the changed objects.<BR>if the value is true, it means the user entered into that box. so update it else leave that.<BR><BR>bye

Default RE: Changing Form data

Hi Lori, Read your post and am trying to do the same thing. I have not even been able to populate a form with specific data. Could you possibly shed some light to me on how you got this far.<BR><BR>