TEXTAREA won't work...please help

Thread: TEXTAREA won't work...please help

Default TEXTAREA won't work...please help

Hi, <BR>Please can somebody help.I can&#039t get access97 to return the contents of a memo field to a TEXTAREA. I&#039ve looked at other peoples comments in the forum and used the suggested syntax below (with no luck). Plain text between the tags gets printed ok but not the recordset value...is is because of the way I&#039m opening up connection(implicitly using the recordset approach)???<BR><BR>Trying to display results using:<BR>&#060;TEXTAREA name="TANotes" cols="40" rows="5" wrap="virtual"&#062;&#060;%=oRSView("Notes")%&#062 ;&#060;/TEXTAREA&#062;<BR><BR>Opening up db using:<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim oRSView,SQLView,EID,oRSView2,SQLView2<BR>Set oRSView=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> Session("UID")=Request.QueryString("EventID")<BR>S QLView="SELECT * FROM Event WHERE EventID=" & Session("UID") & ";"<BR>oRSView.Open SQLView,"DSN=EventDB"<BR>%&#062;<BR>Many thanks in advance.<BR>Sophia

Default RE: TEXTAREA won't work...please help

How many actual characters do you have in your notes field? Your problem isn&#039t one with the connection mode - your textarea works fine for me with either an implicit or explicit connection.<BR><BR>Good Luck!