TEXT column types and RecordSets

Thread: TEXT column types and RecordSets

Tony Guest

Default TEXT column types and RecordSets

Just wondering if anyone has a workaround for this..<BR><BR>I am developing a knowledge base using ASP and SQL Server 6.5. I am using a record set object to display all information retrieved via a search. Everything displays fine, except a "TEXT" column (all other columns are VARCHAR, INT, or TINYINT).<BR>When I include this record in the information to display, I get the following error:<BR><BR>Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.<BR><BR>Any help would greatly appreciated.

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: TEXT column types and RecordSets

Well... this may not be the solution that you&#039re looking for. But I remember having this problem running my SQL 6.5 server, my solution was upgrading to SQL Server 7.0 and converting my text columns to varchar columns (because in MS SQL 7.0 varchar&#039s can be 8000 characters long!).<BR><BR>Anyway, I know there is a workaround even if you don&#039t upgrade, a few weeks after I had upgraded I saw it posted on the web. It&#039s in the MS knowledge base (good luck finding it :-)). Sorry I wasn&#039t more of a help.<BR><BR>Nathan