New browser window

Thread: New browser window

maslena Guest

Default New browser window

Here is my question.<BR><BR>How can I do this?<BR><BR>Suppose I am in page "1". In page "1" I fill-up a form.<BR><BR>When I submit the form, if everything is correct then<BR>page "2" will appear on the current window<BR><BR>If the form is wrongly submitted, a new window with page "3" will appear.<BR><BR>Thanking you in advance for your help

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: New browser window

function myFormSubmit(){<BR><BR>.....<BR>..... //form validation here<BR><BR>if (form is ok to submit){<BR> //submit form<BR> document.myForm.submit();<BR>}else{ <BR> //make sure the browser will support another window<BR> if ((navigator.appName=="Netscape") &#124&#124 (parseInt(navigator.appVersion)&#062;=4)) {<BR> //set new window properties<BR> var"","Invalid Information","top=250,left=250,width=525,height=35 5,history=no,menubar=yes,status=yes,resizable=yes" )<BR> var d=w.document<BR><BR> //let the user know the new window is loading, when it is loaded it<BR> //will overwrite this temp HTML<BR> d.write("&#060;TITLE&#062;Loading...&#060;/TITLE&#062;&#060;EM&#062;Loading...&#060;/EM&#062;")<BR> d.close()<BR> <BR> //Call the page to load in the new window<BR> w.location = &#039incorrect.asp&#039<BR> <BR> w.opener=self <BR> w.focus()<BR>}<BR><BR>

maslena Guest

Hi Thanks for the answer.<BR><BR>Actually, I used asp for my form validation. The actual problem is this. I wanted to do it with HTML or DHTML if possible.<BR><BR>I have a long form submission. Usually user will disconnect and fill-up this form offline and reconnect when ready to submit.<BR><BR>The problem is this page is asp password protected. Assuming that the guy took more than 20 minutes, during submission he will be redirect to the login page.<BR><BR>Upon successfull login, how am I going to go back to the form. I figure out there are 3 ways.<BR><BR>1. Use Response.Redirect but this one will refreshes the form content.<BR><BR>2. To create an automate back button for 2 times<BR><BR>3. To present the login page into a new window it the session is time out.<BR><BR>I am hoping that you can help me on this<BR><BR>Thanking you in advance<BR><BR>maslena

Nathan Pond Guest

A form that takes 20 minutes to fill out??? What are you doing to your poor users? :-)<BR><BR>Anyway, you should convert your validation code over to the client side as much as possible. As for fearing that the session will timeout while the user is filling out the form, you could create a hidden frame with a blank page that refreshes every 10 minutes or something like that, that way the user stays active and the session won&#039t timeout.<BR><BR>Nathan