Counter Troubles

Thread: Counter Troubles

Harvey Lake Guest

Default Counter Troubles

I am attempting to add a counter to a page and having nothing but trouble. Below is the code I am using. I am trying to do this on PWS 4.0. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.<BR><BR>&#060;%Set HitCount = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.PageCounter")&#037;&#062 ;<BR>&#060;%=HitCount.hits&#037;&#062;<BR><BR>Thi s is the error message that I receive.<BR><BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039 <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/class8/Default.asp, line 10 <BR><BR>800401f3 <BR>

Default RE: Counter Troubles

I had the similar problem and changed my code:<BR><BR>&#060;% @language=jscript &#037;&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR> <BR>var numHits = Server.CreateObject("IISSample.PageCounter"); var lngHitCount = numHits.Hits(); //counter for the same page<BR> <BR>&#037;&#062;<BR>&#060;P><BR>Page was visited &#060;%= lngHitCount&#037;&#062; times.<BR>&#060;/P><BR> <BR> <BR>There are any errors now but the page displays<BR> <BR>“Page was visited 0 times”<BR> <BR>no matter how many times I reload or refresh it.<BR><BR>If you get any useful information please forward it to me at<BR>vgloukhovtseva@kpmg.com<BR><BR>Thank you in advance,<BR><BR>Vera

Angus Lee Guest

Default RE: Counter Troubles

In the book &#039Professional Active Server Pages 2.0&#039 published by Wrox, the author mentioned that the error was caused by missing ASP component. The author suggested that the component could be downloaded from Microsoft&#039s web site. I have searched over Microsoft.com all night, but still couldn&#039t found the component. It seems that the component is only available in IIS 5.0 beta.<BR><BR>Anyone has the component, could you please email me a copy to anguslee@mailexcite.com. Thanks.