error ' 80004005'

Thread: error ' 80004005'

stefmaster Guest

Default error ' 80004005'

hi and thank you for those who will help me fix this (little problem) :<BR>i&#039m trying to update my database form a form online...of course, everything works fine at home with my PWS. But once on my host with the same form and database, i get this error message :<BR>&#062; Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039<BR>&#062; [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable<BR>&#062; query.<BR>it&#039s a so-called typical permission problem. Well, i asked my host server to change theses permissions but i alaways get the same error message. Here is what the server support told me :<BR><BR>"The permissions is set right. You need to specify where the temporary files <BR>are to be stored while it runs a query. right now you are tring to write them <BR>to the system volume&#039s temp directory and yopu do not have access to write to that volume. you need to specify the place to store temporary data on your web site. I created permissions for you to do so in your database directory."<BR><BR>ok but how shall i do this ? with an ASP script ? located where ? (i don&#039t have acces to the server parameters)<BR>did someone here already face this problem ? how to solve it ? thanks for your help

Default RE: error ' 80004005'

Send your ISP to:<BR><BR><BR>HTH