No re-submitting of form

Thread: No re-submitting of form

pari Guest

Default No re-submitting of form

how do i PREVENT the form be resubmitted by refreshing the asp page??<BR>thnx in advance<BR>pari

Franco Guest

Default RE: No re-submitting of form

Pari<BR>If the form contained a control (say an input box named txtUser) then you can test to see if txtUser exists, i.e.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>If Request.Form("txtUser") = "" Then<BR>&#039Either the form was submitted with the textbox empty or the form has never been submitted. In this case, show the form again.<BR><BR>Response.Write "&#060;FORM&#062;"<BR>Response.Write "&#060;INPUT name=txtUser type=text&#062;"<BR>Response.Write "&#060;/FORM&#062;"<BR><BR>Else<BR>&#039Something has been submitted via txtUser.<BR>Response.Write "Welcome " & Request.Form("txtUser")<BR>End If<BR><BR>hth<BR><BR>Franco<BR><BR><BR><BR>

pari Guest

Default no it dsnt work

hi franco that<BR>thing dosnt work coz we dont have submit button on the asp page.<BR>it takes the previous values.<BR>it works if i use session variable but i dont want to use sessions.<BR>pari<BR><BR>

ramakrishna reddy Guest

Default RE: No re-submitting of form

&#060;% <BR> txtuser1=request("txtuser") <BR> if txtuser1= " " then<BR> response.redirect("Asp file name")<BR>else<BR> form.submit<BR>%&#062;<BR>Try this one it will work

Default RE: no it dsnt work

A possible solution is to have all your processing/database entry etc in a seperate file (called by the form) which once finished processing redirects to an asp page that displays the data. Might not work though depends on your code and what you are trying to achieve. If you don&#039t want to use session vars then you could get the processing ASP to send any data to the display page in the Query String.<BR><BR>Doing it this way should prevent the data being reprocessed, if the user hits reload then the display page will be refreshed and not the processing page.<BR><BR>Hope that helps<BR><BR>Pete

pari Guest

Default puhleaze !!how can form.submit work with vbscript?

no sir, that doesnt work<BR>

rajit Guest

Default just a thought.....

just a thought.....<BR><BR>I think when you hit refresh button, the page goes through application_start (or may be session_start) event in your global.asa file. Perpahs you could accomplish your code structure within this event to bypass your regular code with raising some flag....<BR><BR>