Causes of Internal Server Error messages

Thread: Causes of Internal Server Error messages

Han Chung Guest

Default Causes of Internal Server Error messages

Hi,<BR><BR>I am on a IIS4 server with many other users. Some of the domains on the server have their unique IP address, some don&#039t.<BR><BR>My pages are reasonably simple - I don&#039t use any session or application variables. The only web server intensive things I do are a couple of queries to the SQL Server 7.0 database using ADO.<BR><BR>Lately, I&#039ve been getting Internal Server Error messages occasionally. Normally, things run smoothly without a hitch. I get about 50 visitors to my site everyday.<BR><BR>Does anyone know what causes these Internal Server Errors? Is it my poor programming, or is it an overloaded server? I am quite careful with my programming and I always ensure all database connections are closed as soon as I am done with them.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Han.<BR><BR><BR>Han.

Default RE: Causes of Internal Server Error messages

Are you explicitly setting your objects to Nothing? Explicitly setting objects to Nothing religiously is always a wise idea...<BR><BR>See this article for a more thorough discussion:<BR><BR>Explicitly Freeing your ADO Objects<BR><BR><BR>Happy Programming!