Help! Getting DB Table Names In ASP?

Thread: Help! Getting DB Table Names In ASP?

Default Help! Getting DB Table Names In ASP?

Usually when we want a piece of data from a database, we have to know the database name, user id, user password, and table name to tell the computer where to look for the data.<BR> <BR>For example,<BR>set conn=server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>co "DSN=goodDB;UID=goodID;PWD=goodPW"<BR>set rs=server.createobject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>rs.op en "SELECT * FROM goodTable", conn, 3, 3<BR> <BR>If there is a way to retrive the table names, just like we can do to a file object, after a database connection is been established, that would enable programmers to do some wonderful things if the table names are systematic. With this in mind, I tried to look for methods in the ADODB.Connection object to allow me to retrive table names. However, there is not enough references around me to provide me with a sure answer. So if you have the answer to my question, please don&#039t hesitate to send me a reply at Thanks!

Default RE: Help! Getting DB Table Names In ASP?

Get an ADO reference and look up schemas.<BR><BR>Don&#039t use them myself but have messed about a bit with them!<BR><BR>Good luck