Access 2000

Thread: Access 2000

Scott S Guest

Default Access 2000

Trying to use existing ASP pages that were accessing Access97 now converting to Access 2000. Do I need to install new drivers on the IIS Server?? The ASP Connections do not work.<BR><BR>Thanks for any assistance.<BR><BR>--Scott

Default RE: Access 2000

Scott,<BR>I am also converting to Access 2000, and am trying to publish ASPs. After reading the MS Press book "Running Access 2000", I found that there was supposed to be a file available at the website "www.microsoft.com/data" which would enable ASP publishing. I downloaded the only file available at that site and still cannot publish my ASPs. Do you have any idea what file I need. Please reply. Thanks<BR>Rod

Shawn Clabough Guest

Do you know what service pack your server is running? I have a machine with SP5 that accesses an Access 2000 file with the existing SQL Server driver just fine. I moved it to another business&#039 server and it broke and I had to have Access 2000 save it as an Access 97 file.

I&#039m Running SP5 - but I think the problem is the current ODBC Driver is (Access 3.51) and Access 2000 comes with (Access 4.0).<BR><BR>So as I type, I&#039m installing Office 2000 on the IIS Server - I believe this should fix it - I post the results soon!

Default ASP to Access 2000

For anyone who&#039s interested. After installing Office 2000 on the IIS server, I had to recreate the ODBC System DSN&#039s using the updated driver. Also, I had to grant change access for the database so insert and addnew queries would work - this wasn&#039t the case with the old driver~<BR><BR><BR>