A Simple Trick to save typing...

Thread: A Simple Trick to save typing...

Skippie Guest

Default A Simple Trick to save typing...

This is SOOOOO easy, and it saves me a lot of typing.<BR><BR>Check out these two seemingly ridiculous functions:<BR><BR>Function RW(s)<BR>Response.Write(s)<BR>RW = True<BR>End Function<BR><BR>Function RWL(s)<BR>Response.Write("<BR>" & s)<BR>RWL = True<BR>End Function<BR><BR><BR>The function RW is the same as Response.Write<BR><BR>The function RWL is the same as Response Write<BR>a new Line.<BR><BR>Check it out! Suppose you want to debug your code by<BR>displaying three variables: str1, str2, and str3.<BR><BR>All you have to do is this:<BR><BR>RWL(str1)<BR>RWL(str2)<BR>RWL(str3)<B R><BR>It saves a lot of finger strokes, and a lot of time!<BR><BR>I&#039m sorry about wasting a minute of your time by<BR>making you read something like this, but in the<BR>long run, I think it&#039s worth it.<BR><BR>-- Skippie <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Skippie Guest

Default Correction...

The message board stripped out the BR HTML tag.<BR>Here is the function RWL again... <BR><BR>Function RWL(s)<BR>Response.Write("** put an HTML BR tag here **" & s)<BR>RWL = True<BR>End Function