jscript & asp

Thread: jscript & asp

Default jscript & asp

hi ,<BR>i wanna know if there is any way of directing my ’totalcost’ which is in the form of document.write to a text area of another page using asp....now i have tried using session var but its no help.<BR>i.e when i get my total cost using the eval func ,i wish to display the ouput into the text area of a new page.i have stored my totalcost in a var....<BR>please help.....<BR>thanx,<BR>sam<BR> <BR>

margaret Widholm Guest

Default RE: jscript & asp

Ok, let&#039s say your variable is &#039totalcost&#039. You&#039re going to send it in a querystring to the next page. i.e. &#060;a href="nextpage.asp?totalcost=300"&#062;nextpage&#0 60;/a&#062;<BR>Now, on the next page at the tope, put <BR>totalcost=request.querystring("totalcost") <BR>Next, in the html tag for your text box, put value=&#060;%=totalcost%&#062;<BR>and you should be all set!

i know that but my problem is that my var value is automatically incremented and not one that i define...besides the value is displayed in the form of document.write on my html page...so i cannot reference it to the next page<BR>please help!!<BR>thanx anyway

Mike Porch Guest

I use the hidden form object to pass variables of Javascript to Active Server pages i.e<BR><BR>(from Sending Page)<BR><BR>&#060;form action = "getting_page.asp" name = "sending_form" method = "Post" target = "_self"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type = "hidden" name = "data_name_to_send" value = "variable_to_send"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;input type = "submit" name = "send_button" value = "send"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>(on recieving Page)<BR><BR>&#060;%@ Language = "Javascript"<BR>var SentVariable = Request.form("data_to_send")<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I have sent up to 5 variables, using this technique. You probably can send as many as you wish.<BR><BR>Sincerely,<BR>Mike