Driver Error

Thread: Driver Error

Curt Precilla Guest

Default Driver Error

Hi <BR><BR>I want to thank everyone at the messageboard for their help. I finally got my webform-to-database to work. I tested my solution on the Windows98 platform running Personal Web Server and it worked fine. However when I transferred my solution to WinNT and IIS it is giving me the following error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. <BR>/clink_thanks.asp, line 31 <BR><BR>The details of my solution follows:<BR><BR>My HTML form sends data to an ASP page via the Post method. The ASP extracts the data and an SQL statement sends it to an Access database. My ASP code is listed below:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039This section retrieves the values submitted by the form<BR><BR>area=Request.Form("area")<BR>use=Reque st.Form("use")<BR>attempts=Request.Form("attempts" )<BR>speed=Request.Form("speed")<BR>service=Reques t.Form("service")<BR>comments=Request.Form("commen ts")<BR><BR>&#039Opens connection with the database<BR><BR>Dim objConn<BR>Set objConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR >objConn.ConnectionString="DSN=feedback"<BR>objCon n.Open<BR><BR>&#039Inserts form values into database<BR><BR>dim str<BR><BR>str = "INSERT INTO CLINK (area, use, attempts, speed, service, comments) VALUES(&#039" & area & "&#039,&#039" & use & "&#039,&#039" & attempts & "&#039,&#039" & speed & "&#039,&#039" & service & "&#039,&#039" & comments & "&#039)"<BR><BR>objConn.Execute (str)<BR><BR>&#039Closes connection with database<BR><BR>objConn.close<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Wh ere did I go wrong?<BR><BR><BR>Sincerely <BR>Curt Precilla<BR>

ecp Guest

Default RE: Driver Error

you must have write permission to the directory in which the db resides...<BR>ask your isp to enable it<BR>