Is there a limit in IIS for size of ASP page?

Thread: Is there a limit in IIS for size of ASP page?

Barb Guest

Default Is there a limit in IIS for size of ASP page?

I&#039ve heard that ASP&#039s may start acting funny if they get too large. Is there any truth to this? Either way, here&#039s the problem I have:<BR><BR>I&#039m doing a SELECT from a table that yields the proper result set with all of the columns present, but it gives me the following error:<BR><BR>ADODB.Field Error &#039 800a0bcd&#039<BR>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted; The operation requested by the application requires a current record.<BR><BR>I get multiple records back, so I don&#039t understand the error. Here&#039s the code:<BR><BR>sSQLStmt = "SELECT lgn_id, bus_ctc_ky FROM USR_LGN WHERE lgn_id = &#039" & i_Lgn_Id & "&#039"<BR>oRetObj.Open sSQLStmt, Application "gdbORCConn_ConnectionString"), adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText<BR><BR>&#039HERE&#039s where the problem occurs. This is a valid field name.<BR>sKey = CStr(oRetObj.Fields("BUS_CTC_KY"))<BR><BR>Are there other reasons for this error other than trying to access an empty recordset?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>

Default RE: Is there a limit in IIS for size of ASP page?

looks to me like the recordset is empty (OR you are using the wrong cursor). if you copy and pase the SQL into your database and execute it that way - how many records do you get back?<BR><BR>to avoid the error:<BR><BR>if NOT databasefield.eof THEN<BR>&#039do assignment here or whatever.<BR>end if

Default RE: Is there a limit in IIS for size of ASP page?

You need to show us more code.<BR><BR>One easy answer: You have done oRetObj.MoveNext and have, indeed, moved past the end of the record set. But without seeing your code, we can&#039t possibly know if that is the problem.<BR><BR>I might note that, as your code is presented, <BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; oRetObj.Fields("BUS_CTC_KY") <BR>is the equivalent of<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; oRetObj.Fields(1) <BR><BR>I can&#039t imagine why that would make a difference, but since I am guessing in the dark here.<BR><BR>Have you done any debugging? Have you put *LOTS* of Response.Write calls in to show where your code is getting to?<BR>In particular, have you done<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Response.Write "field0: " & oRetObj(0) & ", field1: " & oRetObj(1) & "<BR>" & vbNewLine<BR>or something equivalent *just* after the oRetObj.Open line? And at every point where you do a oRetObj.MoveNext? <BR><BR>***************<BR><BR>As for the subject of your message: Yes, there&#039s a size limit. But I would be *VERY VERY* surprised if it exhibited itself in this way. Almost surely you would get an "out of memory" or "out of stack space" error long, long before you got this error. And, in any case, the limit is *way* up the multi-megabyte range. Is your page really *that* big? For what appears to be a simple login check?<BR><BR>