Converting ASP to HTML from ASP

Thread: Converting ASP to HTML from ASP

Tar Heel Guest

Default Converting ASP to HTML from ASP

If anyone has ever used the Internet Transfer Control in VB, they know they can do something like:<BR><BR>Dim sTemp as String<BR><BR>sTemp = Inet1.OpenURL("")<BR><BR>I want to do the same thing from ASP, but cannot figure out how to do this (although I have a feeling its quite simple). I&#039m attempting to "glue" 4 ASP pages together as one, but need to process each of them into HTML first, then glue them together (trust me, I don&#039t want to do includes, there&#039s a reason!). Thanks...

Default RE: Converting ASP to HTML from ASP

You could use something like this:<BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>Dim ic<BR>Dim rst<BR>Set ic = Server.CreateObject("InetCtls.Inet")<BR>ic.Request TimeOut=20<BR>ic.URL = ""<BR>rst = ic.OpenURL<BR>%&#062;<BR>String Retrieved:<BR>&#060;p&#062;<BR>&#060;%=rst%&#062;< BR>&#060;/p&#062;

Pedro Guest

Hi!<BR><BR>You may use an utility named ASP2HTML (I think it was called so) included in Internet Information Server Resource Kit.<BR>Before I knew this tool , I had to do exactly what you want now, and the solution I adopted was the following:<BR><BR> Make the part of the document you want to make persistent <BR>the value of an &#060;input type=hidden&#062; element enclosed in a &#060;form&#062;. The script that receives the data from that form creates a temporary file and writes the data that receives in this file.<BR>You may repeat this process as many times as .asp pages you want to convert to .html and append the results in that file.<BR>I hope you could manage to solve your problem and this could help<BR>you,<BR> Pedro<BR>

Tar Heel Guest

But, in order to do this, I have to have VB installed on my web server...