Passing an array from ASP to a VB DLL

Thread: Passing an array from ASP to a VB DLL

Richard Wilde Guest

Default Passing an array from ASP to a VB DLL

How do I pass an array from ASP into a VB6.0 ActiveX DLL? The following example returns the following error message.<BR><BR>cPubs error &#039 800a01b6&#039 <BR>Object doesn&#039t support this property or method <BR>/search.asp, line 17 <BR><BR>Below is just an example of what I am trying to achieve. I already know how to open a connection in ASP.<BR><BR>&#039ASP Code<BR> &#039open connection etc...<BR> fields=array("one","two","three")<BR> count = countElements(fields)<BR> <BR>&#039VB Code<BR>Public Function CountElements(Tfields) As Integer<BR> Tcount = 0<BR> For Each Tfield In Tfields<BR> If Tfield = "" Then<BR> Exit For<BR> End If<BR> Tcount = Tcount + 1<BR> Next<BR> CountElements = Tcount<BR>End Function<BR>

Default RE: Passing an array from ASP to a VB DLL

I don&#039t know if this is the correct answer or not but have you tried passing the values as a string seperated by commas (i.e. 1,2,3) instead of an array and then in your VB code use the split function(i.e. var1=split(varname,",") ) to create a new array which you can then loop through.