Syntax Error in FROM clause

Thread: Syntax Error in FROM clause

David Highlander Guest

Default Syntax Error in FROM clause

I used the code example located here:<BR>and I got a Syntax error message associate with the last line in this statement:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set dbConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>dbConn. Open "DSN=client"<BR>Set rsRecords = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rsRecord s.Open SQL, dbConn, 3<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Any thoughts?<BR><BR>

Default RE: Syntax Error in FROM clause

By where the syntax error happens, it looks like the problem in in your sql statement and not in the connection to the database

David Highlander Guest

Default ****, then the example must be wrong....

..because it was just a cut paste job. If there is something wrong with the SQL then it must be in the example. That blows.

SPG Guest

Default RE: Syntax Error in FROM clause

I&#039m not seeing what you deemed &#039SQL&#039 was supposed to be. I might toss a syntax error if you told me to open a recordset from a connection with cursor X but didn&#039t bother telling me anything about the recordset itself... but that might just be me.

David Highlander Guest

Default It might help if....

....I posted some code. But since I cut/pasted it all from the example I decided not to.<BR><BR>Man this is sooo difficult all I want is to have a user input into a text form a company name - and then have those names that match appear to the user. <BR><BR>*sigh*

Pedantic Bill Guest

Default RE: ****, then the example must be wrong....

Maybe the SQL in the example was *itself* just an example...that won&#039t happen to work in your with your tables.<BR><BR>It&#039s really impossible for us to help you if you don&#039t show *all* the code.<BR><BR>As for a SQL tutorial, try here: