Populating Listbox with two column field values with spaces

Thread: Populating Listbox with two column field values with spaces

Default Populating Listbox with two column field values with spaces

1)how do you populate two column field values in a listbox with spaces in between which is retrieved from the database.<BR>2)when you select an item in the listbox it should populate in two different textboxes.<BR>3)After the changes done to the textbox value,it should be updated to the database and reflect the changes in the listbox.<BR><BR>if you can provide code or sugest some sites it would be a great help.<BR>thankyou

Brad Brunfelt Guest

Default RE: Populating Listbox with two column field values with spaces

I have done something like this (I think)<BR>I populated 1 drop down menu from 2 fields (FirstNamme and LastName) with a space in between. so ill get the code tommorrow.<BR><BR>What are you trying to do?

Default RE: Populating Listbox with two column field values with spaces

Brad,<BR>what i was trying to do is,<BR>when i populate a listbox with to different fields values,the field size field1(45) and field2(30), i want some five character<BR>space between them so that i can differentiate them when it get&#039s<BR>populate from the Database.<BR>have you got me.

brad brunfelt Guest

Default RE: Populating Listbox with two column field value

So rather than populating with BOTH values, you want to populate the listbox with an Either/OR Situation, based on field size.

Dave A Guest

TWO COLUMNS - the guy wants two COLUMNS of data - field1 & field2 on each line. All field1&#039s aligned in a column vertically, all field2&#039s aligned in a column vertically.

I&#039m not sure whether there are any padding functions in VB script, like they do in PL/SQL or something like that... try rpad/lpad funcitons