Session timeout

Thread: Session timeout

Default Session timeout

I need to increase the session timeout of the default session timeout how to ? <BR>where shall i do this in global.asa ? <BR>Somebody help me I need it badly

Default RE: Session timeout

It is better to put it in the global.asa. for eg:<BR>If you want the time for which the session is valid to be 5 hours, then you can out Session.Timeout = 300 in the global.asa file. It should work fine

why is it better so set Session.Timeout in global.asa?

Because global.asa is the first file that is executed when the user starts his session. So if we put Session.Timeout within the Session_Onstart subroutine in the global.asa, then that is applicable to all the pages in that web site which contains the global.asa. Also if you want to change the value of Session.Timeout, YOu need to change at only one place, Not in all the pages. So it is always put in global.asa

I set the default session timeout through MMC snap-in to 5 minutes and to 480 minutes after the user logs in<BR><BR>the long timout time is OK because i store just six strings in the Session and the number of users is very small and unlikely to ever grow<BR>