cannot createobject

Thread: cannot createobject

noree Guest

Default cannot createobject

am a real beginner and am pretty confused...<BR>i got a free aspmailer from the net and tried running it but got a message that says, activeX cannot createObject.<BR>i uploaded the file in a cgi-bin directory on a server and am using win95.<BR>from what i understand i need to have access to that particular component.... how do i do that?<BR><BR>thanks

Default RE: cannot createobject

The dll needs to have an entry in the registry. To do this, regsvr32 must be run. If you are not at the webserver, you have to ask your web host to do this for you. As I&#039ve found, many web hosts don&#039t like registering unfamiliar dlls on their web servers.<BR><BR>When you register a dll in the server, it maps its name to a file location. So, that way, when you say:<BR><BR>... CreateObject("Blah.SomethingElse")<BR><BR>That name is searched for in the Registry, then, once found, is mapped to a dll on the webserver. If you get an error like "Invalid Class String," that means that the name (Blah.SomethingElse) was not found in the registry. I assume that is the error you are getting?

noree Guest

does that mean that the registry is not on that server that i get that error message? how would i know that the registry is on the webserver?<BR><BR>lets say i want to use the CDONTs component.... how do i go about making sure that i am able to access the compnent?<BR><BR>thanks

noree Guest

does that mean that the registry is not on that server that i get that error message? how would i know that the registry is on the webserver?<BR><BR>lets say i want to use the CDONTs component.... how do i go about making sure that i am able to access the compnent?<BR><BR>thanks