Urgent Help - FAO Mark or anyone else :-)

Thread: Urgent Help - FAO Mark or anyone else :-)

Caz Guest

Default Urgent Help - FAO Mark or anyone else :-)

Hi<BR>I posted a query a couple of days ago and Mark kindly posted a reply to showing PC login names on my Intranet site..his reply to do this was<BR><BR>======================================= =======================<BR><BR>You must authenticate the User using either NT Challengr/Response or Basic Authentication. Once authenticated, you can get the user Account name via:<BR><BR>Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_USER") <BR><BR>Important Note: You must uncheck the Anonymous Authenticationbox in IIS to force the page to get authenticated. Keeping the Anonymous Authentication boxed checked will yield NO server variable named REMOTE_USER.<BR><BR>============================== ==============================<BR><BR>thanks very much for this Mark, but unfortunaly I still can&#039t get it to work, as the page just shows nothing, I have set the authentication, and have placed this code<BR><BR>&#060;% Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_USER") %&#062;<BR><BR>on the page where I want it to display the users name, but it doesn&#039t display anything, any ideas, as I really need to get it to work..thanks alot for your help..<BR><BR>Caz

Caz Guest

Default RE: Urgent Help - FAO Mark or anyone else :-)

Ahh, sorry false alarm, I forgot the &#039=&#039<BR><BR>But does anyone no have to get rid of the domain at the beginning as I am getting &#039TDIRES-LOCALcsmith&#039<BR>anyone know how to get rid of &#039TDIRES-LOCAL&#039 and just show &#039csmith&#039?<BR><BR>thanks alot<BR><BR>Caz

Just divide the value into an array and show the second part. Like such:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>logIN=Split(Request.Server Variables("REMOTE_USER"),"/",-1,1)<BR>response.write(logIN(1))<BR>%&#062;<BR>

Caz Guest

Hi Brandon<BR><BR>Thanks very much for your help..Im new to splitting values..and when I pasted in your code I got<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a0009&#039 <BR><BR>Subscript out of range: &#039[number: 1]&#039 <BR><BR>/forum/readit.asp, line 120 <BR><BR><BR>any ideas?<BR>thanks so much<BR><BR>Caz