My upload.asp program below calls the upload vb component. Inside the component I parse and write the file as binary using put and retrieve the same using get. <BR>I have 2 questions -<BR><BR>I have problems when uploading and retrieving a word file<BR><BR>1. After I do a binary write, the size of the binary file is not the same as that of the original (about half the size).Why is it?<BR><BR>2. When I try display the contents of the file on the browserafter doing a binary read, it prompts for a<BR> "Conver to file" box with different options. I choose Word 6.0 but the file does not get opened. Gives the message "file is not of the right type". But, I checked the file content type and it displays - application/ms-word.<BR><BR><BR>&#060;!-- #INCLUDE FILE="includes/" --&#062;<BR>&#060;!-- #INCLUDE FILE="includes/" --&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> Dim UploadRequest<BR> Dim contentType<BR> Dim obj<BR> Dim iFile<BR> Dim sfilepath<BR> Dim ret_val<BR> Dim array_ofbytes<BR> Dim fil1cont_type<BR> Dim varfile<BR> <BR> RequestBin = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)<BR> Set obj = Server.CreateObject("upload.upcls")<BR> obj.BuildUploadRequest RequestBin,UploadRequest<BR> file1 = UploadRequest.Item("File1").Item("Value")<BR> file2 = UploadRequest.Item("File2").Item("Value")<BR> fil1cont_type = UploadRequest.Item("File1").Item("ContentType")<BR > upload_path = UploadRequest.Item("Upload_path").Item("Value")<BR > sfilepath = Upload_path & "\" & "file1.doc"<BR> <BR> ret_val = obj.Save(file1,sfilepath)<BR> Response.Buffer = TRUE<BR> Response.ContentType = fil1cont_type <BR> array_ofbytes = obj.Read(sfilepath)<BR> Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "filename=" & sfilepath<BR> Response.CacheControl = "public" <BR> <BR> Response.Write(sfilepath)<BR> Response.Write "content-type is" & fil1cont_type & "end"<BR> <BR> Response.BinaryWrite(array_ofbytes)<BR> Set obj = Nothing<BR> <BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Can someone pls. tell me how to display the word file.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Srilatha