Passing data between forms - structured approach

Thread: Passing data between forms - structured approach

Default Passing data between forms - structured approach

I read an article about structured approach scripting with ASP. In that, author suggests, a form should "post" to itself and a validation routine (client side & server side) should validate and repost or redirect the control to the next page.<BR><BR>My question here is, if the server side validation is successful, then I would like to pass data to the next page. We dont want to use session variables, at the same time we dont want to use the url because the values are visible. Also, I couldnt use the form variables because, once the form is submitted, I validate and if the validation is successful, i need to redirect it. So, I loose my form variables. <BR><BR>Please help......<BR>

Margaret Widholm Guest

Default RE: Passing data between forms - structured approach

Ok, I kind of followed you here, but what I&#039m wondering- are you using the Response.Redirect command after it gets validated?

Default RE: Passing data between forms - structured approa

Yes. Thats the only way i can go to the next page. (Because form posting needs user intervention again)

Margaret Widholm Guest

Default RE: Passing data between forms - structured approa

Hi... have you checked this spot out at 4guys:<BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/041399-1.shtml<BR>It&#039s got the four main methods of passing info from page to page. Also, I was wondering if you&#039d considered using cookies?