ODBC Connection - I'm stumped

Thread: ODBC Connection - I'm stumped

Dan Karas Guest

Default ODBC Connection - I'm stumped

I&#039m having trouble connecting to a ODBC source which isn&#039t on the IIS server. In theory, this should work, and it does...up to an extent. here&#039s what I have:<BR><BR>M1 is an ODBC source (defined as system DSN) which is an Access97 database, linked to an indexed dBase table on another server. (thru a drive mapping on the IIS machine; call it N: the table is located at N:NMISDATABASE)<BR><BR>I have code which fetches a recordset:<BR>[17]cmdStr="SELECT * FROM Metrolog WHERE M_10 = &#039" & metro & "&#039;"<BR>[18]set rs=Conn.Execute(cmdStr,,adCmdText)<BR><BR>however, this error is returned:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] &#039N:NMISDATABASE&#039 isn&#039t a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. <BR><BR>/asp/process.asp, line 18 <BR><BR>When I use another datasource, (M2) for which the table resides on the IIS server, it works perfectly. I should point out that when I try to open M2 or M1 when logged in locally at the IIS server, Access has no problem opening the file. I&#039ve insured that IUSR_MACHINENAME has full rights to the N: directory. I&#039ve also tried using UNC naming for the mapping, no dice.<BR><BR>One other thing--the N: mapping is to a Netware4 file server over IPX/NWLink. While there might be some transport-layer flakiness, thats not too likely, given everything else works OK.<BR><BR>any ideas?<BR><BR>

Default RE: ODBC Connection - I'm stumped

Did you try logging into the IIS server using the IUSR account and see if it has the N: drive mapped?<BR><BR>Just a thought.<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Jerry