fatal error!!(Please help!!)

Thread: fatal error!!(Please help!!)

Default fatal error!!(Please help!!)

Dear All,<BR> I have given my web application to web hosting services and all ASP pages are showing this error:<BR>Active Server Pages error &#039ASP 0223&#039 <BR><BR>TypeLib Not Found <BR><BR>//global.asa, line 2 <BR><BR>METADATA tag contains a Type Library specification that does not match any Registry entry. <BR>IF any of you have an idea of what is going on and tell me how to resolve it, i&#039ll appreciate it a lot!!!<BR>Shiala

Default RE: fatal error!!(Please help!!)

What tool are you using to write your ASP pages? You need to edit your global.asa file. In global.asa you&#039ll see some lines like:<BR><BR>&#060;!--METADATA TYPE="TypeLib"<BR>FILE="MyComponent.tlb"<BR>--&#062;<BR><BR>Take those lines out. See if that helps. From what I understand, METADATA is an IIS 5 tag, that&#039s why I&#039m surprised to see that an editor inserted that for you. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/sdkdoc/iisref/glob4b5f.htm for a technical description of the METADATA tag.

I am using Visual Interdev6.0 on IIS 4.0 on NT 4.0 server to create my asp pages. I don&#039t think any of the myrs.open etc.. commands will work if i remove these tags from global.asa file. THe exact line the tag refers to is, the project reference to Microsoft DAO 3.51 object library. PLease tell me if the application will work without this tag also!! help me please!!!

It is better to use ADO in ASPs instead of DAO, from what I hear.<BR><BR>The error message itself means that the file specified in that tag is not being found on the server, probably because DAO is not installed there. Once again, the vast majority of ASP developers use ADO.<BR><BR>I use the METADATA tag on my site which runs fine on both PWS for 95 and IIS 4 on NT Server to import declarations for the varoius constants that go with ADO.