Connecting across a network with ASP

Thread: Connecting across a network with ASP

Default Connecting across a network with ASP

HiIm having a problem connecting to an access database across a network. Are there any tips or tricks to facilitate this type of connection? The error message reads something like the file is being used exclusively by another user or is protected, yet when I copy it to the local server it works perfectly.Thanks In Advance.Jay
    ________
    HEALTH FORUMS
    Last edited by Jay; 04-16-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Default RE: Connecting across a network with ASP

Sounds like some one else has the database open in Access at the same time as the script tries to query it. I think there is an option in access that allows you to have multiple users per database, can&#039t remember where it is though. Access can handle upto 10 concurrent users at any one time.<BR><BR>Pete

Default RE: Connecting across a network with ASP

I encountered the same problem recently. After banging my head against the wall trying every permission setting possible, I broke down and called MS Support. The solution to the problem was to update our MDAC drivers. It works like a charm now.<BR><BR>See:<BR><BR>http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm#loc<BR><BR>If your MDAC drivers are up to date then it&#039s a file permission problem. Make sure the internet guest account (if you&#039re accessing the database anonymously) has Read permission on the mdb and the directory that contains it. I also had to give the account Read access permission under the Sharing tab on the directory properties.<BR><BR><BR>Oliver