Please help me with search speed - urgent!!!

Thread: Please help me with search speed - urgent!!!

Default Please help me with search speed - urgent!!!

&nbsp;<BR>Hi ,<BR>I really need some help to speed up my search ( I posted a question earlier today but haven&#039t had any success yet!)<BR><BR>I have developed a search facility where the user may select from several options to narrow the search of a database (MSAccess).<BR><BR>I have coded a large number of alternative searches for every search option so that results nearest to the search criteria will be returned if the oringinal search has no results<BR><BR>However, this appears to have slowed down the search considerably.<BR>Does anyone have any advice on how to optimise the search speed?<BR><BR>I have tried to &#039nest&#039 my if statements in relevant sections to avoid unnecessary processing (I&#039m coding in vbscript and SQL) but it doesn&#039t seem to have made any difference.<BR><BR>I have also considered creating a &#039break&#039 screen that lets the user know that it is searching, but don&#039t know how to go about this.<BR><BR>Please . please please help this asp, vbscript and database novice!!<BR><BR>Cath<BR> <BR>

rajit Guest

Default RE: Please help me with search speed - urgent!!!

I beleive there is only so much you could do in your code to optimize your search for a better speed while dealing with database. However, there can be remarkable improvement n the speed if your database is designed with proper indexes. <BR><BR>I suggest, take a look at the existing indexes in your db and see if you could create some new indexes with some in-biult smarts.....