How to Export the content of an HTML Table into a CSV file on a user's local PC?

Thread: How to Export the content of an HTML Table into a CSV file on a user's local PC?

Mala Tjong Guest

Default How to Export the content of an HTML Table into a CSV file on a user's local PC?

Using HTML table to display any results is a great solution, except that sometime users prefer the raw data that they can play around with. I am trying to create a button, when pressed it will prompt a dialog box and ask the user where do they want to save the results into an CSV file ? The dialog box is just like any File Save As dialog box. I had seen it done before on an Internet Site, but unfortunately I can&#039t view the code. <BR>It will be great if someone can solve this problem. I really appreciate it.

Ian Stallings Guest

Default RE: How to Export the content of an HTML Table into a CSV file on a user's local PC?

I have something similiar that runs a query and then<BR>puts the data in a csv on the server and writes<BR>a link to that file on the page. Then the user can<BR>click the link and download this file to wherever.<BR><BR>Would this help?

Mala Tjong Guest

Default RE: How to Export the content of an HTML Table into a CSV file on a user's local PC?

Ian, <BR>Thanks for helping, but that&#039s not the solution I am looking for. I am trying to avoid to write the output to a server.