CDONTS: Inbox always empty

Thread: CDONTS: Inbox always empty

Bejoy Alex Jaison Guest

Default CDONTS: Inbox always empty

When using CDONTS from ASP, after logging on using SMTP, The inbox is always empty. I am able to send mails using the OutBox.<BR>Bail me out.<BR><BR>Bee

Default RE: CDONTS: Inbox always empty

CDONTS provides an interface to SMTP service from ASP. <BR>When CDONTS is being run against Excahnge Server, the Inbox property will return the user&#039s regular mailbox & the Outbox property will be user&#039s outbox.<BR>If CDONTS is being run against IIS 4.0, the Inbox will return the Drop directory (under mailroot).The MailrootPickup is used as primary location for outgoing mail messages.<BR>Note : <BR>Although Drop contains all of the messages for recipents on the server, only those messages addressed to the user who was bound to the session object by the LogonSMTP method will be available<BR><BR>Hope this helps

Bejoy Alex Jaison Guest

Thanks a lot for responding. My Exchange Server and SMTP server are not the IIS Server that I am using. The smarthost in the SMTP config is the actual SMTP Server. This, I know, is for sending mails.<BR><BR>SO is there anyway I can make the Drop directory in the IIS server point to/have the contents of my INBOX in the Exchange Server.<BR><BR>regards<BR><BR>Bejoy

if u using CDONTS with ASP, the easiest way to do this would be to use Inbox & Outbox properties of Session object ( u will have to take a look at CDO for NTS hierarchy which has Session at top)which each return a folder object.<BR>If CDO for NTS is being run against Exchange server, the Inbox property will return the regular mailbox & Outbox property will be the user&#039s outbox.

Bejoy Guest

I am running CDONTS against IIS server. that is the problem. It hasn&#039t been sorted out.<BR><BR>Bejoy