Connecting to Access DB in Netware Server!

Thread: Connecting to Access DB in Netware Server!

Default Connecting to Access DB in Netware Server!

I have been doing fine all along until when I shift my Access DB from my NT to my File Server(Novell Netware). And i hit the following error.<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Disk or network error. <BR><BR>I tried using DSN and DSNLESS connection. Both give me the same error.<BR>The following are the code that i tried but then...:<BR><BR>(G is the Map Drive to my File server)<BR>set conntemps=server.createobject("adodb.connection")< BR>conntemps.ConnectionString="DBQ=G:Access DatabaseMMB.MDB;Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}"<BR>conntemps.Open<BR><BR>(PPMDOS1 is my Netware Server name)<BR>set conntemps=server.createobject("adodb.connection")< BR>conntemps.ConnectionString="DBQ=PPMDOS1VOL1Acce ss DatabaseMMB.MDB;Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}"<BR>conntemps.Open<BR><BR>set conntemps=server.createobject("adodb.connection")< BR>cnpath="DBQ" & server.mapath("G:Access DatabaseMMB.MDB<BR>conntemps.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; & cnpath" <BR><BR>I will not hit any errors unless my DB is in my local NT server.Pls assist. A million Thanks in advance.

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: Connecting to Access DB in Netware Server!

Here is a link to the support.microsoft article that tells you exactly what you need to do.<BR><BR>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q166/8/31.asp<BR><BR>I also noticed that you have MapPath spelt mapath. That might help you as well if everything else is working.<BR><BR>Respectfully,<BR><BR>Jason <BR>webmaster@wnj.com<BR>

Default RE:IT WORKs!!

Thanks for the URL. I finally able to connect to my Novell Server.