Strong Password Function

Thread: Strong Password Function

Default Strong Password Function

I need to create a function that checks to see if a password that the user creates is 'strong' enough. The password must contain an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, a number and a special character. The part I'm having trouble with is the checking for lower or uppercase. Is there some hidden asp function that I don't know about that might tell me if a lowercase or uppercase character exists in a string? I know that C# has a isLower() function but I don't think ASP does. What would be the best way to test for this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Default Regular Expressions, of course

&#060;%<BR>pwd = ...<BR><BR>okay = True<BR><BR>Set re = New RegExp<BR>&#039; first test for a digit<BR>re.Pattern = "d"<BR>okay = okay & re.Test( pwd )<BR>&#039; test for lower case letter<BR>re.Pattern = "[a-z]"<BR>okay = okay & re.Test( pwd )<BR>&#039; test for upper case letter<BR>re.Pattern = "[A-Z]"<BR>okay = okay & re.Test( pwd )<BR>&#039; test for non-letter, non-digit<BR>re.Pattern = "[^A-Za-zd]" &#039; or use [xxx] where xxx is the list of allowable special chars<BR>okay = okay & re.Test( pwd )<BR>If Not okay Then<BR> Response.Write "That password isn&#039;t strong enough"<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>

Default RE: Regular Expressions, of course

Thanks Bill. I can always count on you.