how do you refresh a page after an event?

Thread: how do you refresh a page after an event?

Default how do you refresh a page after an event?

&nbsp;<BR>I&#039m trying to refresh a page after an event such as a click of a control. I would like to &#039save&#039 already entered fields so the user doesn&#039t have to type them in again, but it&#039s not necessary. <BR><BR>Also if possible, can it be refreshed by a click of a button on another page? <BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Peter

Franco Guest

Default RE: how do you refresh a page after an event?

Peter<BR><BR>Right, suppose you have a page called MyPage and, get this, you have 2 controls: combobox1 holds a list of names and textbox1 holds something else your user can type in.<BR><BR>Pick a relevant event, any relevant event. Try the onchange event of the combobox. Write into that event something cool along the following lines:<BR><BR>window.location.href="MainPage.asp?C bovalue=" + combobox1.value + "&Tboxvalue=" + textbox1.value<BR><BR>This&#039ll refresh the page. Man, are we cooking or what?<BR><BR>The last step is get the MainPage ASP code to refill the combobox and textbox with the last values by something like:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Write "&#060;INPUT type=text value=" & Request.Querystring("Tboxvalue") & "id=textbox1&#062;<BR><BR>Response.Write "&#060;SELECT id=combobox1&#062;&#060;OPTION selected&#062;" & Request.Querystring("cboxvalue") & "&#060;/OPTION&#062;"<BR><BR>&#039Add other options here<BR><BR>Response.Write "&#060;/SELECT&#062;"<BR><BR>Feel free to bugfix my code or publish it in the Lancet or your local rag.<BR><BR>Peace.<BR><BR>Franco<BR>lokidude@hotma<BR><BR><BR><BR>