Share a recordset object between 2 asp pages.

Thread: Share a recordset object between 2 asp pages.

Default Share a recordset object between 2 asp pages.

hi, <BR>i have a search page which will show the results in a table. one of the columns has a link to another page. clicking on that link will take to this ASP page wherein i show all the details of that particular record. i all have 4 buttons for navigating which are in the same page. once i come to this page i have to access the recordset object which is in the previous page. how do i get that recordset object?<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Shruthi.

Manpreet Guest

Default RE: Share a recordset object between 2 asp pages.

Well if u want to get details of a particaulr product to be show on a diff page u can just pass a "product_id" to an asp file which would then take this "id" and get details of the particular product and show them.<BR>This however is just a suggestion!<BR><BR>For the part of using the recordset(rs) on the next page u can put the rs in the session and then pull it out of there.<BR><BR>set rs = conn.execute(yoursql)<BR><BR>Session("my_rs_in_ses sion") = rs<BR><BR>then on the next page<BR><BR>rs = Session("my_rs_in_session") <BR><BR>hope it helps!<BR><BR><BR><BR>