ADODB Connection Error

Thread: ADODB Connection Error

Steve Robinson Guest

Default ADODB Connection Error

I am receiving the following error message at very random times throughout the day:<BR><BR>ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0e78&#039 <BR><BR>The operation requested by the application is not allowed if the object is closed. <BR><BR>? <BR><BR>I am using an include file in my ASP pages which opens the connection to the database as follows:<BR><BR> "Driver=SQL Server;Server=" & DBSERVER & ";DataBase=" & DB, USERID, PWD<BR><BR>This problem occurs when I try to open any ASP page in a browser that calls this "con" object. It happens every couple hours and lasts for several minutes, but then "fixes" itself. This leads me to believe that my session is timing out after a certain amount of time or something... should I be closing the con object at the end of each page, and re-open it at the beginning of each page?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance!<BR>Steve

Default RE: ADODB Connection Error

yes, close your database objects at the end of each page, and include the opening of the objects at the beginning of each page.<BR><BR>a good practice is to put these commonly referenced actions into another file to simply include in all the ASP pages that will be utilizing the same things (ie., opening and closing the database).<BR><BR><BR><BR>