Passing variable values between forms

Thread: Passing variable values between forms

Default Passing variable values between forms

Hi,<BR><BR>I want to pass values from first asp page to different pages without using Session variable or post or get method. Strictly I am against to use session variables. Is there any other way by which I can accomplish this task ?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Prasad<BR><BR>

Siva Yenneti Guest

Default RE: Passing variable values between forms

Without using get or Post and also Session variables u can pass the form variables by attaching the name and value to the url directly and catch the values using the Request.querystring. The code is like this:<BR><BR>&#060;form&#062;<BR>&#060;input type=text name=text1&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR>&#060;script language=vbscript&#062;<BR>script_responder="Secon d.asp"<BR>myLink= script_responder & "?text1=" & text1.value<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR>&#060; a href=myLink&#062;Send<BR><BR>..................... ...................<BR>Use this code in first page and in the Second.asp use<BR><BR>&#060;%strName=request.querystring("tex t1")%&#062;<BR><BR>.............................<B R><BR>This will solve your problem.<BR><BR><BR>OK Bye <BR>Siva R Yenneti<BR>