TEXTAREA and MEMO fields HELP??!!!!

Thread: TEXTAREA and MEMO fields HELP??!!!!

Joe Daniels Guest

Default TEXTAREA and MEMO fields HELP??!!!!

I am having a problem when a user cuts and pastes data into a TEXTAREA on a form that is getting written to a MEMO field in an Access database. It seems that control chars are screwing it up and making the VBScript think that parts of the text are actually code. If I type in the same information it works just fine. This is the message I get when cutting and pasting to this field:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e14&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression &#039&#039New Unsubscribe Instructions! Please view our new Unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of this newsletter. These replace the instructions in any of the old newsletters. Thanks! &#062;&#062;&#062;&#062;&#062;&#062;&#062;&#062;&# 062;&#062;&#062;&#062;&#062;&#062; Greetings, Weekend Silicon Warriors, Could teleco&#039. <BR><BR>/support/eteam/newesc.asp, line 6 <BR><BR>as you can see it thinks the data is an expression. Can anyone PLEASE HELP ME OUT????<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: TEXTAREA and MEMO fields HELP??!!!!

I am not sure I completely understand the problem, but maybe this will help. Assume you have the data from the TEXTAREA in a variable called tadata<BR>x = 1<BR>newta = ""<BR>while x &#060; Len(tadata)<BR> If Mid(tadata, x, 1) &#060; Chr(32) OR Mid(tadata, x, 1) &#062; Chr(253) then<BR> newta = newta & " "<BR> else<BR> newta = newta & Mid(tadata, x, 1)<BR> end if<BR> x = x + 1<BR>wend<BR><BR>&#039you should now have the string from the TEXTAREA in newta with only upper and lower case letters, number, !, #, $, etc in it. Anything else will have been changed to a space.

Joe Daniels Guest

Default GAWD I finally figured it out

Thank for the advice Bruce but I finally figured out what it was. Stupid Apostrophes. I had no Idea that I had to put in code to rewrite apostrophes to double apostrophes.<BR><BR>****! what a pain!