Permission Error Sending CDONTS Mail

Thread: Permission Error Sending CDONTS Mail

Matt Woodward Guest

Default Permission Error Sending CDONTS Mail

I am tearing my hair out over this one! I have an NT 4.0 Server in my office that I use as my development server, and my ASP page that sends out a confirmation e-mail works beautifully on that machine. When I transferred it to our production server (also NT, and yes, CDONTS and SMTP are installed and running), it creates the NewMail object just fine, but it errors out when it tries to execute the send command:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a0046&#039 <BR><BR>Permission denied <BR><BR>/inv_down/IRForm.asp, line 45 <BR><BR>I&#039ve checked all the settings I know to check from both the IIS and the SMTP perspective, and I just can&#039t figure this out. The relative part of the code follows if that helps. (I changed the e-mail address to a dummy address--remember, the real code works fine on another server!) The "Line 45" it&#039s referring to above is the "objCDO.Send" line.<BR><BR>THANKS!<BR>Matt Woodward<BR><BR>Dim objCDO, strEmailText<BR>Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>strEmailT ext = "First Name: " & strFirst & Chr(10) & "Last Name: " & strLast & Chr(10) & "Company: " & strCompany & Chr(10) & "Address: " & strStreet & Chr(10) & "City: " & strCity & Chr(10) & "State: " & strState & Chr(10) & "Zip: " & strZip & Chr(10) & "Country: " & strCountry & Chr(10) & "E-mail: " & strEmail & Chr(10) & "Phone Number: " & strPhoneNumber & Chr(10) & "Fax Number: " & strFaxNumber & Chr(10) & "Comments: " & strComments & Chr(10) & "Investor Type: " & strInvType & Chr(10) & "Requested the following: " & strRequests & Chr(10) & "Recurring List: " & strRecurringList<BR>objCDO.To = ""<BR>objCDO.From = strEmail<BR>objCDO.Subject = strSubject<BR>objCDO.Body = strEmailText<BR>objCDO.Send<BR>Set objCDO = Nothing

Matt Woodward Guest

Default RE: Permission Error Sending CDONTS Mail

One more piece of troubleshooting info: I had someone telnet into the box on port 25 from a Unix box, and he successfully sent me two mails, so the SMTP service is obviously working. This narrows it down (as near as I can tell) exclusively to an NT permission situation. The only big difference between the box on which the ASP works and that on which it doesn&#039t is one service pack level (5 versus 6).<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>Matt Woodward