having trouble with connecting to database

Thread: having trouble with connecting to database

mark Guest

Default having trouble with connecting to database

I&#039m trying to create a connection to my access database but I keep getting the following error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR><BR>I am working on NT Server 4.0 Service Pack 5, IIS, MDAC 2.1.<BR>I have checked and double checked the DSN name and every other thing I could possibly think of. Also, I&#039m not interested in using a DSN-less connection, or else I&#039ll never learn how to do this the right way. Although I don&#039t think the problem is related to my code, here it is anyway:<BR><BR>Dim objConn, objRS<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .Open "employee"<BR>Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>objRS.Op en "Employees", objConn, , , adCmdTable<BR>

David Highlander Guest

Default RE: having trouble with connecting to database

You need to make sure that the Database itself is not read/write protected. Also the folder you placed it in on your server - make sure you have anonymous access to that folder in your ntfs settings.