Error While accessing Database

Thread: Error While accessing Database

Velayutham Guest

Default Error While accessing Database

I am having a table which is having a 50,000 records. If I try to retrieve the values<BR>from the table I am getting the followig error:<BR><BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e31&#039 <BR><BR>[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation <BR><BR>utility.asp, line 10 <BR><BR><BR>I am getting the above error exactly after 30 seconds. <BR>The following is the source code.<BR><BR><BR><BR>&#060;script language=vbscript runat=server&#062;<BR>Function GenerateRecordSet(sql, dsn, pagesize,pageno)<BR> Dim rs100<BR> set rs100 = server.createObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> rs100.activeconnection = dsn<BR> rs100.cursorlocation = 3<BR> rs100.cursortype = adopenstatic<BR> rs100.source = sql<BR><BR> <BR> rs100.activeconnection = nothing<BR> <BR> rs100.pagesize = pagesize <BR> if rs100.bof and rs100.eof then<BR> else<BR> rs100.absolutepage = pageno<BR> end if <BR> set GenerateRecordSet = rs100<BR>end Function<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR><BR>We are using Windows NT, IIS 4.0 and Oracle 8i<BR><BR>Can Any one Help me. <BR><BR>Thank You.<BR>

David Highlander Guest

Default RE: Error While accessing Database

Please post all of your code. The error is coming up in line 10 so I need to see all your code in order to help you. Including the HTML tags - etc.

Velayutham Guest

Default RE: Error While accessing Database

Thank you for your reply.<BR>The following is the full source code.<BR><BR>&#060;%@ Language=VBScript %&#062;<BR>&#060;%Option explicit%&#062;<BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR>&#060;head& #062;&#060;/head&#062;<BR>&#060;body&#062;<BR>&#060;!--#include file=""--&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR> Dim rs,sql<BR> sql = " SELECT to_char(CLIENT.ID) ID, "&_<BR> " CLIENT.DPM_CLIENT_ID, "&_<BR> " CLIENT.FIRST_HOLDER_NAME, "&_<BR> " CLIENT_type.Description Type, "&_<BR> " CLIENT_SUBTYPE.Description Subtype, "&_<BR> " Billing_category.category, "&_<BR> " CLIENT.BANK_ACCOUNT_NO "&_<BR> " FROM CLIENT, Client_type, Client_subtype,billing_category "&_<BR> " WHERE Client.Client_Type = Client_type.Type(+) And "&_<BR> " Client.Client_Type = Client_subtype.type(+) And "&_<BR> " Client.Client_Subtype = Client_subtype.subtype(+) and "&_<BR> " Client.Billing_category = and "&_<BR> " client.client_type in ( &#03901&#039,&#03904&#039,&#03907&#039) And "&_<BR> " Client.Client_category =&#03902&#039 "&_<BR> " Order by CLIENT.FIRST_HOLDER_NAME "<BR><BR> set rs = server.createObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> rs.activeconnection = "dsn=oracle;uid=dpbill;pwd=dpbill;"<BR> rs.cursorlocation = 3<BR> rs.cursortype = adopenstatic<BR> rs.source = sql<BR><BR> rs.activeconnection = nothing<BR> rs.pagesize = 10<BR> rs.absolutepage = 1<BR><BR> Response.Write(Rs.fields("ID"))<BR> Response.Write(Rs.fields("DPM_CLIENT_ID"))<BR> Response.Write(Rs.fields("FIRST_HOLDER_NAME"))<BR> <BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR><BR>The following is the error.<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e31&#039<BR><BR>[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation<BR><BR>/velu/dpsecure/try.asp, line 30<BR><BR><BR>If the no. of records are around 10,000 it is working properly.<BR>I am checking the above code for about 50,000 records.<BR>I have checked the error, the error says that a Control break operation has been performed. I think so it is performed by the IIS. I am having the Setting in IIS as Session time out 20 minutes and Script time out as 300 seconds.<BR><BR>Thank You.<BR><BR><BR>