Wasn&#039;t sure whether to put this in the beginners section or here, so sorry if this is in the wrong section. basicly i&#039;m trying to create a simple login page (not too simple obviously). basicly i use the query shown bellow to gain the userID: SELECT UserID FROM tblUsers WHERE UserName=@Username AND Password=@Password; <BR>Then on my login page i connect to the database and envoke the procedure setting the parameters etc before using the TRY block to attempt to validate the user, essentialy i have an integer intID thats set to 0 and that should be updated if the user details are correct (to another number) but it never does and so currently no-one is authorised to access my site if anyone can just take a look bellow and tell me where i&#039;m screwing up i&#039;d be very gratefull, i am a newbie to this so so it&#039;ll prob be something really dumb:<BR><BR>dim conn as new OleDbConnection("Provider=" & _<BR> "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _<BR> "Data Source=M:FYPproject.mdb")<BR> <BR> dim objCmd as OleDbCommand = new OleDbCommand _<BR> ("spValidateUser", Conn)<BR> objCmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure<BR><BR>dim objParam as OleDbParameter<BR> objParam = objCmd.Parameters.Add("@Username", OleDBType.BSTR)<BR> objParam.Value = tbUsername.Text<BR> <BR> objParam = objCmd.Parameters.Add("@Password", OleDBType.BSTR)<BR> objParam.Value = tbPassword.Text<BR> <BR> try<BR> objCmd.Connection.Open<BR> intID=CType(objCmd.ExecuteScalar, Integer)<BR> objCmd.Connection.Close<BR> catch ex as OleDbException<BR> lblMessage.text = ex.Message<BR> end try<BR> <BR> if intID &#060;&#062; 0 then<BR> Response.Cookies("authorise").Value = IntID <BR> Response.redirect("main2.aspx")<BR> else<BR> lblMessage.Text = "&#060;font color=red&#062;Sorry, " & "invalid username of password &#060;/font&#062;&#060;p&#062;"<BR> end if<BR>end sub