I have created a Web User Control with only one drop down list control in it. I have bound the drop down list to a Dataset object and created a few properties to retrieve the SelectedValue from the drop down list when the page is posted. All of it works great until I set the EnabledViewState to false and then I loose any data that was selected when the page is posted. <BR><BR>What must I do to get the data from the Web User Control to the page that the Web User Control is imbedded in if the EnabledViewState of the drop down list is turned off?<BR><BR>public string SelectedValue<BR> {<BR> get<BR> {<BR> return this.ddlProjectTypes.SelectedValue;<BR> }<BR> set<BR> {<BR> strSelectedValue = value;<BR> }<BR> }<BR><BR>private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)<BR> {<BR> try<BR> {<BR> string strCultureCode = DevUtilities.GetCultureCode(Request);<BR> string strSql = "SELECT ProjectType,ProjectTypeID" +<BR> " FROM ProjectTypes INNER JOIN CultureTypes" +<BR> " ON ProjectTypes.CultureTypeID = CultureTypes.CultureTypeID" +<BR> " WHERE CultureTypes.CultureCode = &#039;" + strCultureCode + "&#039;" +<BR> " ORDER BY ProjectType";<BR> this.ddlProjectTypes.DataSource = DevUtilities.GetDataset(strSql);<BR> this.ddlProjectTypes.DataTextField = "ProjectType";<BR> this.ddlProjectTypes.DataValueField = "ProjectTypeID";<BR> this.ddlProjectTypes.DataBind();<BR> if(strNewText.Length != 0 &#124&#124 strNewValue.Length != 0)<BR> {<BR> this.ddlProjectTypes.Items.Insert(iNewIndex, new ListItem(strNewText,strNewValue));<BR> }<BR> this.ddlProjectTypes.SelectedValue = strSelectedValue;<BR> }<BR> catch(Exception err)<BR> {<BR> strError = err.Message.ToString();<BR> }<BR>