Challenge for 'pros'...can this be done...

Thread: Challenge for 'pros'...can this be done...

Default Challenge for 'pros'...can this be done...

Can you (if so, how) maintain state when a visit returns to your site and are NOT enabling cookies...<BR><BR>Session var&#039s are over, the cookies won&#039t there a NO BS, not gonna cost me an arm and a leg way to display their name at a page they visit even without cookies?<BR><BR>I saw a way on microsoft with a download, but argh!!! I lost that article...<BR><BR>Any facts? Ideas? <BR><BR>Thanks...this would be the greatest asp discovery in history...ok, not true, but would make me cry in happiness.

Rob Guest

Default RE: Challenge for 'pros'...can this be don

It would make us all happy and maybe someday.<BR>But right now the answer is no. You could look at this<BR>product but you will still need a login. Its called Authentix.<BR><BR><BR>Rob<BR><BR>

RustyKnight Guest

Default RE: Challenge for 'pros'...can this be don

Joel<BR><BR>There is only one way I have ever heard of to do this, you have to use a ISAPI security filter. Check out this sample site from MS.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Good Luck<BR><BR><BR>PS this site includes code and documentation, this implementation is not for the faint of heart, you will need all the luck and skill you can muster.